Thursday, March 29, 2012

Starting the weekend early...

I have a love-hate relationship with professors who say you will have an assignment due or an exam on a certain day, and then you walk into class and they say "jk!" and give you a few more days.  Usually I am elated by the change and annoyed by the overachievers who moan at the news, but today in Shakespeare I was the moaner who had been so stressed about my test and everything I had to get done on top of it that I was actually disappointed we were given another two weeks.

...It reminds me of a time in AP Human Geography in high school when Mrs. Olsen announced that our test was pushed back a day and Suzanne started sobbing.  When Mrs. Olsen stopped the class to ask what was wrong, she replied though her tears "I'm just... so... happy."

Anyway, one of my highlights of the week was buying a brand new pair of Five Ten Anasazi climbing shoes on ksl.com for only $40!  Now I have a class all weekend in St. George so that I can learn how to actually use all the gear I have purchased.  I guess that's a good way to get into a sport: spend a bunch of money and then you have to use it.  I am excited to climb all weekend in the eighty degree weather, and maybe get some sun on my legs so the kids in my swimming class don't have to keep avoiding swimming in my lane, but I am sad I won't be able to listen to Conference on Saturday.  Thank heavens for technology that lets me catch up!

And now, for some laughs to start off your weekend.  I first saw this video years ago, and I crack up every time I've watched it since.  It makes me think of how some of my guy friends used to dance at high school dances.  I wish I were joking.

3 comments:

  1. Not just the guys. Those moves are classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't just the guys, I remember us girls pulling some of those rad moves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay so happy i found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete