Friday, March 9, 2012

Funny Friday

Happy spring break, everyone!  And hooray for Friday!  Even though I don't have many grandiose plans, I am really looking forward to coming home from work in the afternoons and just relaxing.

I am also excited because I get to see Will more... I have only seen him a total of two hours since Saturday!  I wish that was an exaggeration, but it's not.  And the bulk of that time was spent with him on my couch studying while I cleaned my room.  He had a genetics test yesterday and a statistics test today, so by the time I was done with work and school at 6 or 7 pm, he was already at study sessions.  It's been rough.

And what have I done with the time I usually would be with him?  Not study, of course, but at least I have been productive with a major room cleaning.  It started on Sunday when I went to change my sheets (I know, I cleaned on the sabbath, I'm bad) and I noticed that my box spring was gathering dust.  After I pulled off my mattress to vacuum my box spring, I saw that under my bed needed cleaning... and then the whole room exploded.  Ok not really, but it looked like it.  I ended up piling all my possessions in a mound in the middle of my room as I gradually reorganized everything.  The projects kept getting more and more detailed... but Target, IKEA, and several hundred dollars later, everything in my desk has a place and I am loving the new look.

I discovered a lot of old treasures in the process.  My favorite find was an earring that Michelle gave me a couple of years ago and has been sorely missed for a long time.  I found old notes that my friend Courtney Beck and I used to pass in eighth grade.  Apparently I went by the pen name "Lizzy" and she by "Penelope."  I had no recollection of this, probably because my whole middle school experience is a repressed memory.  I also got to read through years of notes from long-time friends Alyssa, Suzanne, Shelbie, John, and others, and it just reminded my blessed I have been to have so many kind, loving people in my life.  Oh, and I found a total of... wait for it... eighty-eight bobby pins.  (Literally- I counted.  Gross.)

Finally, what a better way to start off your weekend than with a few hearty laughs:
(Sorry the video quality isn't great, but this cracks me up.)

Also, my siblings and I watched this about thirteen times late last night.  After a while, we all thought it was the funniest clip ever:
Happy weekend!

1 comment: