Thursday, March 22, 2012

Looking forward to tonight...


Fact: my brother (who is 24, very normal, and getting accepted to law school after law school) and sister (who is 17 and darling) have been eating District 12 food all week.  Lots of goat cheese; dry, whole grain homemade bread; berries and herbs, etc.  They crack me up.

An actual conversation:
E: We should eat goat cheese wrapped in mint leaves.
J: But it wasn't wrapped in mint leaves, it was wrapped in basil.
E: No it wasn't.  I'll bet you five bucks it was mint.
J: You're on! As Emily looks through the book reading it.  Em, remember, I was the one who was bored in class and wrote down, from memory, what happened on each day in the arena.
G: Haha!  You would!  How many days were they in there?
J: 18.  Who was the District 12 tribute in the Second Quarter Quell?
G: ...
J: Maysilee Donner.  
G: Umm... ok.  What sound did Katniss use to hide the sound of her sawing off the tracker jacker branch?
J: The Anthem of course.

This is just a snippet from the dialogue that has been going on in our house all week.  My three siblings and I are going to Hunger Games together at midnight tonight.  No significant others, no friends.  Just the four of us.  We are nerds, and I love it.

Plus... we'll also be checking out City Creek Center while we're at it!  I can't wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you guys are hilarious! I love it! Have so much fun, cute girl!

    ReplyDelete