Monday, March 26, 2012

39 days and counting...

On Saturday, Jake, Will, and I headed out on a run up the mountain on the north side of Red Butte Canyon;  I don't even know its name, even though I have lived here my whole life.  I quickly remembered how much I hate it when up and run are in the same sentence, and I also discovered that I am ridiculously out of shape.  I didn't even make it a half of a mile before I was gasping for breath and run/walking up the mountain, and very soon that run/walk turned into a torpid trudge.  The boys were so patient with me, but I was mortified.  The pain was worth it, though; the view from the top was spectacular, and the whole run down I got to stare out at the capitol building, downtown, and the beautiful valley stretching out beyond; the air was so clear with gorgeous grey clouds in the distance.  I really love where I live.
We didn't have a camera, but our view was just as spectacular.
The run, though, was a wake up call about how I need to whip my body back in to shape; I usually rely on cross country skiing in the winter to keep me active, but I wasn't able to do much more than coach this season, which wasn't a workout at all.  Since I only have 39 days before I finish my college degree--so crazy-- I decided to establish some goals that will help me stay on top of the important things, effective immediately:

study the scriptures for at least 10 minutes every night
(because it is way too easy to read just one verse before hitting the sack)
do 9 jumping jacks before morning prayers
(to get my blood flowing and my brain going)
sleep at least 8 hours each night, no matter what!
only eat 7 treats or desserts per week
(so I only get one of Randi's yummy cream puffs, not the cough four of last Thursday)
shower at least 6 times
(per week, not month...it's sad that I have to make that a goal)
work out 5 times each week!
4 minute workout before bed
(1 minute plank, 20 push ups, 50 sit ups)
watch no more than 3 hours of tv or movies each week
attend the temple at least 2 times between now and graduation
complete at least 1 focused hour of studying every day
(don't judge... I only have two classes, so I don't need to study much!)

Hopefully making this public will help me be motivated.  I still can't believe I am almost done with college; I am going to miss going to school every day so much!  Hopefully, I still have graduate school in my future... I should probably figure my life out stat!

2 comments:

  1. At least you have grad school as a plan after graduation. I have no clue what I'm going to do with my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! I may have to steal some of those goals and use them as well!

    ReplyDelete