Friday, February 24, 2012

Be careful what you wish for...


Yesterday I wrote that I contemplated calling in sick to work so that I could stay home and watch Downton Abbey all day. Well... I started feeing ill last night, and woke up this morning feeling like I had two golf balls in my throat and dealt with random spurts of serious stomach pain. So weird. I think I got it from Meg, who has a cold, and Emily isn't feeling well now either. Hopefully it will only last a day; lying in bed all day doing nothing always sounds much more glamorous when one is well, but being sick definitely makes me appreciate being healthy again.

Well... at least I did have Downton Abbey to entertain me, although that really wasn't my reason for staying home from work. I have finished season two now. It was amazing. I bawled and laughed alternately throughout. It's one of those well-done programs that makes you really care about the characters, and I almost have a hard time accepting that it is fiction, which is silly. I love how multi-dimensional they all are, though. Like how we all know Mary can be rude, but we still love her, or how I really have begun to like Edith. I could go on and on, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched the series yet. I don't know how I can wait until 2013 to watch episode three... maybe I will have to move to the U.K. so that I can see watch it this fall? We'll see.

I guess I have to go do something boring now, like read Shakespeare (since I got a C- on my Shakespeare quiz yesterday). Or, I could just get into Hunger Games again... hmm... tempting.

1 comment:

  1. Downton Abbey is such a wonderful show! I am so pleased that now I know you have a blog. It is simply lovely. Wish I was as eloquent in writing as you are!

    ReplyDelete