Monday, September 16, 2013

Wedding photos- The Reception (1 of 2)

The reception was wonderful!  Great food, dancing, and people... what more can you want?
I wrote a timeline of our 3.5 years of courtship on little cards, and collected photos of us through the years.



My dear friend Kelsie Jones did an AMAZING job with all the flowers.  They transformed the room!





The view from the Founder's Room is gorgeous!



Our menu: fruit, cheese and crackers, coconut shrimp with mango dipping sauce, grilled zucchini and caprese salad skewers, chicken marsala tenders, and gelato shooters.  It was all delicious!  I guess we ran out of food pretty quickly- I blame my own underestimation and my cousins' big appetites :).  But Will and I were none the wiser that evening (the food was in a different room during the main reception), and since my parents ran out of food at their reception and have had a wonderful marriage, we've decided it's a good luck charm!






Kelsie made the signs, too.  She's so talented.


 After the ring ceremony ended and the reception got underway, I looked over and realized there weren't any flowers on the cake!  I tasked my bridesmaids with picking blooms from arrangements where they wouldn't be missed, and soon they came running back to me with their hands full of peonies and roses.  It was really fun to place the flowers in my own cake!

Check out that sultry face :)


JoAnna was my Beta Advisor- love her!



Will's mom's one request for the wedding was that we didn't shove the cake in each other's faces.  I appreciated that we didn't have to make the decision ourselves :)




To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment