Monday, April 30, 2012

Other good news...

Today was my last day working in the Purchasing Department!  I started working there a week before my first day of college, and so it seemed only fitting that I would finish working there the week of my graduation from college, almost four years later.  It was a wonderful job to get me through college, and more than that, I made some of my dearest friends- like Alexis and Kirsten- and grew closer to an old friend, Jocelyn.  I will miss so much about working in that department: being in charge of decorating the monthly bulletin board, our many "socials," calling out to Alexis for advice across our cubicle wall, listening to my coworkers laugh their heads off at each other, and laughing a lot myself.

BUT, while I am sad to leave, I am so excited to start a new job at... Red Butte Garden!  Sometimes life works out rather perfectly, like graduating on a Friday and starting a job that I am looking forward to three days later.  I don't need to bore you with all the details about the job, but here is a little something that makes me so excited about the place I get to call work:

The only table at which to eat lunch in the Purchasing Department:
One of the many places I can eat lunch at Red Butte, any day I choose:

I think Will said it best: "Gail! Now you get to have bunnies running around instead of cockroaches!"  I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. haha this made me laugh... btw, I don't think I have ever eaten at that grotesque table. I am expecting a blog about your lovely commuter services bathroom buddy. Don't think I have forgotten!

    I missed you today and that missing is just going to get worse.. Maybe I can take my lunch break and come eat with you amidst all the bunnies, now doesn't that sound lovely.

    Will said it best. However, you, your advice and your artistic bulletin board skills will be missed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail!! I got your text tonight about dinner at Zupas with Joanna and I realized you sent me the link to your blog a while back and I forgot about it! I just looked it up, became a follower of you blog, and read every single word you have typed on here. It was so so fun for me to read and felt like I was talking with you at beta again. Sorry to hear about your Dad's accident. I'm glad he's doing better. I love you Gail!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete